Thursday, February 9, 2017

Kind Words and Bricks

Morning Glory...

Proverbs 12:25...Anxiety weighs down the heart, but a kind word cheers it up.

Anxiety or an uncontrollable sense of worry can become a lifestyle.
When we fixate upon the problems surrounding our lives, then anxiety can overtake us, and we can no longer see out way out of the situation.

Anxiety is describe as being "nervous, ill at ease, tense, apprehensive and uncertain about an outcome".  We have ALL been through unsettling times and circumstances, and have had to learn how to keep control of our thoughts and feelings during those times.

But, sometimes anxiety can build up when a situation has gone on longer than we can feel we can bear it.  This is when it becomes a weight.  It is like laying on your back and someone placing a brick on your chest.  Well, if they keep adding one brick after another, then there comes the point where the weight of those bricks literally crush the breath out of you.

This is what anxiety will do.  It takes one problem and begins to stack other problems on top until a person can be so weighed down in their mind, will and emotions, that they feel "crushed". 

Can the solution be as simple as "kind words"?  Well, depending upon the words you are hearing...yes!  My best friend can assure me that all will be well.  And, because I believe her, I may receive some comfort from what she has said.  But, as much as my friend knows me, she cannot possibly know nor understand what will free me from the anxiety of the moment.

Jesus does know. 
Learning to trust what Jesus "says" will help defeat anxiety.  Look at these scriptures...

Trust

  • You keep him in perfect peace 
whose mind is stayed on you,
because he trusts in you.
Trust in the Lord forever,
for the Lord God is an everlasting rock. Isaiah 26:3-4
  • Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? Of course not. Matt. 6:27
  • Commit your way to the Lord; 
trust in him, and he will act. 
He will bring forth your righteousness as the light, 
and your justice as the noonday. Psalm 37:3-6
  • Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion,
 which cannot be moved, but abides forever. 
As the mountains surround Jerusalem, 
so the Lord surrounds his people, 
from this time forth and forevermore. Psalm 125:1-2
  • He shall not be afraid of evil tidings; his heart is firmly fixed, trusting in the Lord. Psalm 112:7
  • But as for me, I trust in You, O Lord; I say, “You are my God.” 
My times are in Your hand. Psalm 31:14-15
  • It is better to trust and take refuge in the Lord than to put confidence in man. Psalm 118:8
  • But my eyes are toward You, O God the Lord; in You do I trust and take refuge; pour not out my life nor leave it destitute and bare. Psalm 141:8
  • Trust in the Lord with all your heart, 
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6
  • May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. Romans 15:13.
These "words" are alive and anointed and contain the power you need to defeat anxiety.  All you add is "belief".  Read again each scripture but before you do, say..."I believe these words are true TO me and my life TODAY".

Read them slowly and OUT LOUD.  Thank God for each one and that He is bringing these words to pass in your life.  Verbally REFUSE to be anxious.  Yes, you can!!  Say..." I WILL TRUST"!

Oh, the power of God's Word will rise up to cause the enemy to flee from you!  You may have to revisit these "kind words" several times before you know God's peace.  But, fight the GOOD fight of faith, and as many times as necessary, take in these good words.

I release the blessing of victory over your life today in Jesus Name!

Loving Him and you,
Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment