Tuesday, November 29, 2011

"Centered" by Charlotte Fortier




All of the wonderful

memories we have of the holidays...

Center around those we

love and cherish.



Lives change, people take

different paths...

but when this special time

of year comes around...

It centers us again on what

is most important.....

Those we love and cherish.

 I wrote this before Thanksgiving but wanted to share a portion of it now along with the picture of our two daughters.  We had a great Thanksgiving.  We shared work, food, fun, and each other.  Our family enjoys playing games during the holidays and Herb and I took advantage of the thrift store "Savers" this year to find some good ones.  Of course, the trivia games, was a wash for me, but HangMan was my salvation.  I love word games and the old standby of Scrabble.

The poem says it all for me......"those we love and cherish".  I pray your holidays will keep you centered.  It seems as though the world would spin us all out of control, but as we focus on Who these holidays exalt....He will keep us centered on the love of family and the core of who we all are.

I love the scripture from Hebrews 1:3..."upholding all things by the Word of His power".  Let God's Word be that power to you every day.  He will uphold you.  He will hold you and I together.  That is His promise and Isaiah 55 assures us that His Word never returns unto Him void of power.

Christmas is just around the corner.  Many challenges come with this holiday.  Let our challenge be to just keep "centered" upon Him.  Although Jesus was not born in December; as a Christian I rejoice that I can shout His Name to the rooftops and songs are played 24 hours a day that do the very same thing.

Let's rejoice, let us keep centered, and there won't be any ashes to sweep up when all is said and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment