Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Morning Glory!

The Lord has been speaking to me of "aloneness".
It is a period of time where life has to take a back seat for the time you and I need to be quiet and hear our Lord.

Being continally busy is as much of an addiction as drugs or alcohol, for it is a "soul addiction".  The mind ever being filled and emptied with schedules, deadlines, meetings, family, and so many other things.  After awhile we feel like we have given out so much that there is nothing left for us.

It is not easy to demand that alone time. 
We recognize that we need it, and just when we think we can actually do it.....another pressing needs pops up.  It seems impossible.

The past few weeks, I have found myself going through the motions of meeting others' needs, and slowly but surely been drained inwardly.  I became ill.  Physically ill.  Now please do not say to me that this was God's way of slowing me down.  God gave me a free will to use to make wise decisions about slowing down.  I found myself involved in some activities not of my own design.  I managed to get through it, but my mental state at that time did not help me to get through it with the joy of the Lord.

I am now entering an "alone" time.  I want it.  I need it.
I want to go to that quiet pasture that Jesus has provided for me.
I want to lay down in His Presence, drink of living water, and feed from the verdant pastures of His Grace.


I want to sit down at the table He has prepared for me, and rejoice again as I partake of the cup of overflowing blessings that He has provided. 

I want my soul to be restored, brought back to life, washed by the Word.

Life will knock again much too soon.  Until it does...I will seek Him.  The older I grow, the more I realize the preciousness of time to "look away from all things that would distract unto Jesus, Who is the Author and the Finisher of my faith."

Time must be brought to the Creator of it.  It must not rule us.  We must mold it to fit His plans for our lives.  He has infinite ways of adding time to us, when we lay it down at His feet.

Jesus, Who walked this earth as a Man, healed multiplied thousands, preached and taught daily, sought for that alone time with His Father.  He bids us to follow Him...will you go?

No comments:

Post a Comment