Oh, what glorious things God speaks to the seeking heart!
His thoughts "toward us" are of abundance. In other words, God never stops "thinking" or sending thoughts of His goodness to His children.
We have to S T O P and hear what He has to say.
The time I spend with the Lord was taught to me by a pastor/evangelist/teacher in Tulsa, OK. His name, Brother Dave Roberson. He pastors The Prayer Center, and believe me this church lives up to its name. Through his teachings and personal experience, I have learned and am still learning how to seek God's Presence.
It isn't that God is hiding from me. It is me that needs to draw near to Him. One of His many Names is..."Emmanuel" - the Ever Present God. So, if He is ever present...that means He is never away from us. But...we, as you know, are "hit and miss Christians". We miss more than we hit it seems at times, but God remains the same.
In Isaiah 41, God promised Israel His ever faithful Presence, and also that He would keep His covenant promises unto a thousand generations...Deuteronomy 7:9 and Exodus 20:6. In Hebrews 13:8 you can read eternal words that describe Jesus as "the same, yesterday, today, and forever". This means that what He has ever been, what He is and what He will be to those that have put their trust in Him, will NEVER change....NEVER....NEVER....NEVER!!
The human affections can change on a dime. You can be loved one minute by someone, and the next minute...rejected. You can trust someone with all your heart and soul, and then have that trust shattered by their inability to keep their promises. Not God! He has never failed to keep ANY of His promises (Psalms 145:13)
This morning as I spent time listening to God through His Word, I was reminded of the holy substance that made me acceptable to Him. It is the precious, pure and holy blood of Jesus. Not only is God ever present. The blood of His Son, Jesus Christ, forever calls out the names of the redeemed.
The Seven Ways the Blood of Jesus Avails for Us
1. Forgiveness. I have been forgiven through the Blood of Jesus. Hebrews 9:22, "All things are cleansed with the Blood and without the shedding of Blood there can be no forgiveness."
2. Cleansing. The Blood of Jesus has cleansed me from all sin. I John 1:7, "But if we walk in the light as He Himself is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the Blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin." (See also 1 Peter 1:2.)
3. Redemption. I have been redeemed by the Blood of the lamb. Ephesians 1:7, "In Him we have redemption through His Blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace." (See also Romans 7:14; 1 Peter 1:18-19.)
4. Justification. By the Blood I am justified--just as if I have never sinned. Romans 5:9, "Much more then, having now been justified by His Blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him." (See also 2 Corinthians 5:21.)
5. Sanctification. I have been sanctified through Jesus' Blood for a holy calling and out of satan's territory by the Blood of Jesus. Hebrews 13:12, "Jesus also, that He might sanctify the people through His own Blood, suffered outside the gate."
6. Peace. Peace has been made for me through the Blood of the Cross. Colossians 1:20, "And having made peace through the Blood of His Cross, by Him to reconcile all things unto Himself; by Him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in Heaven."
7. Access. I now have confidence to enter the most Holy Place by the Blood of Jesus. Hebrews 10:19, "Since therefore, brother, we have confidence to enter the holy place by the Blood of Jesus." (See also Ephesians 2:13-14.)
In order for all of the above to become a reality - a living, breathing Truth - in your heart, you must come and "listen" to these Truths. God, the Holy Spirit, will open them up to you and will even help you believe them.
Just pray..."Show these truths to me, that I may believe and receive". Then, just thank God for helping you. Read them daily. This is how faith grows.
I pray this blesses you and encourages you to draw near to God today!! Let His glory fill your morning!