Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Caterpillar Courage

Why am I writing about a caterpillar??
Well, I will tell you.  This morning as I rode my bike (being so proud of myself), I almost ran over a woolly caterpillar making its way across a wide strip of the road.

So...you say???  Well, think about it.  Look at the size above.  And actually, the caterpillar I almost creamed this morning was smaller.  But, nevertheless, it bravely placed one little (foot???) in front of another and continued its journey across the pavement, not looking back.

Where was it going?  I don't know!!  Maybe, it had baby woollies somewhere, or a favorite little tree where it was going to enjoy its breakfast.  All I know is that it was crossing a road where 2 ton vehicles race by, and could kill it at any moment...(even a 62 year old grandmother on a bike can be pretty scary!!)

I think about what many of us may be facing today, and I just want you to remember to be "woolly"!!
I want to encourage you to just get on today with the journey of life.  Do you have two ton problems or scary 62 year old grandmothers???  Hey!!!  God is able..ok?

He'll get you there.  You may hear and see some scary stuff, but...HEY....God is able...ok?

Just say that.  Come on now, it will only take a second, but could mean the difference between victory and defeat.  BE WOOLLY!!!

We sang a song on Sunday that went like this...

"God, You are my God, and I will ever praise You,
O, God, You are my God, and I will ever praise You,
I will seek You in the morning, and learn to walk in Your ways..
And step by step You'll lead me, and I will follow You all of my days!"

So...the day is ahead.  God is with you.  Expect God.  I mean it, now.  Expect God and all that He is in His abiding, strong, helpful, protective and way-making love He has for you.

Woolly you trust Him???  Sorry, had to do it!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment