Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Heart that Believes


Learning to believe God is not only a challenge, but it is also a destination.
When we first yield our lives to Him; it is stepping through a door that leads to more
and more revelation as to His nature and character.

When we first bought our home, it was such a joy to discover all the nooks
and crannies.  Now, that we have lived here for 3 years, I am comfortable, at rest.
I know my home, and I enjoy knowing where everything is.

God's Word will bring us to "rest" in Him.
It will show us how He has always been the same, yesterday, today
and forever.
There are no "dark" closets with God.  He is Light.

In my home, I can go into a dark room, unafraid, because I know where everything is.
When we understand God, we can face any dark circumstance because we "know"
that He will never leave us nor forsake us.
This takes "learning".

Faith comes by the certain source of God's Word.
Learning to trust that Word takes practice.
The five senses don't always jump for joy at that because they want to
"feel" or "see" before trusting God.  They need constant assurance.

But, the Word is spirit, and is designed to enlighten the understanding (the mind).
It is designed to teach the soul how to trust in its spiritual power.
This is why we must bring our minds to the Word daily, so that a continual
renewing of spiritual truth can be rooted there.

People who struggle with the Bible, like I did as a young Christian,
will soon discover that if they will just open this marveous Book and give
proper time to the Holy Spirit to teach them; they will learn...yes, they WILL learn.

Someone greater than you and I has been given the task of teaching us who God is.
But, you can't teach someone who is unwilling to learn.
You can get to that "place" where you can say..."I know God"!
Isn't that wonderful?
This is His desire for us.
This is His plan for us.
This is what He longs for!
Learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment