Thursday, February 23, 2012

Jessica

Ever hear the Stevie Wonder song..."Isn't She Lovely?"

Well....she is....that is my Jessica.
I remember when my daughters were born, and BOOM the love that floods your soul the minute you see their precious faces.

Same thing with grandchildren.  Sometimes you just wonder how much more love God can pour into your heart for these unique and wonderful blessings called granddaughters.  Loving them is getting the chance to love your own child again.  Only this time....you get to sleep all night!!

Jessica's smile just lights up her whole face.  She reminds me so much of my Grandma Roberts.  She had that kind of smile. 

Whenever we are blessed to visit her, which isn't often enough, I can't wait to see her face.  Oh, she is in that stage where Grandma is not "it" anymore, and that saddens me, but the love in my heart for this goofy, wonderful, fun, growing up too fast, granddaughter of ours just gets bigger and bigger.

My Grandma....Stella Roberts....was the world to me.  I lost her when I was in the 5th grade.  It seemed like the world was a bit darker then, and I still hold the precious memories of how she expressed her love for us. 

I want Jessica to know that I feel that way about her.  Oh....can't tell her that....she gets "that look" when I try to get too mushy with her.  But, not one day goes by that I don't think of that sweet child.  Just hearing her say "Grandma" is like a gift to me.

I was late getting her birthday gift to her this year.  We could not come down.  Made me cry.  It is going out today.  I hope she likes it.  I hope she knows that we would give her the world if we could.  I hope she knows that she IS the world to us.

Happy Birthday, Jess!    (even though it is waaaaaaaay late!!!)

I love you,
Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment