Monday, December 5, 2011

His Eye Is on the Sparrow

These little sparrows perch on the leafless, aspen tree outside of our home in Lakeside every winter.  I had a bird feeder hanging from this tree, but it fell and the current snows covered it.  I noticed them coming every morning but not staying until I realized they were not finding what they were seeking, and that was the bird seed.
     So, I placed a pie tin full of seed on the front porch two days ago, and it has been my delight to see them return, knowing their is a source of supply to meet their need.  One of my favorite songs is "His Eye is on the Sparrow".  My most favorite verse says...."and I know He watches me".  I fortunately found a plaque in a dollar store that had that written on it and I cherish it because I know this is true of our Heavenly Father.
     These beautiful little sparrows come "expecting" to find seed each morning now.  But, I have to admit I had not been as faithful to provide in the days before the snow storm.  Not so our Gracious God.  Philippians 4:19 says...."But my God SHALL supply ALL your need, according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus".  I love Psalms 107:20....."and He sent His word AND it healed them".  God HAS sent His Seed....the Word....to this world.
     He saw our need before we ever knew it ourselves, AND He made provision.  Matthew 6:26 urges us to "look at the birds of the air; they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father KEEPS FEEDING THEM.  Are YOU not worth much more than they?" (emphasis mine).  But it is verse 8 that blesses me so...."for YOUR Father KNOWS what you need BEFORE you ask Him."  I looked up that word "know" and it means this......before you even knew the need, before it ever became evident to you as to all that need was going to demand....your heavenly Father KNEW it, and began preparations for its answer in direct accordance to the trust and confidence that you place upon Him. 
     Isn't that wonderful?  There are no shock waves that go through heaven when a crisis occurs in our lives.  God is never unprepared.  We are.  We do not prepare ourselves to believe.  We do not "seek" His Presence and pie tin full of seed consistently enough.  His Word is alive.  Jesus, the Living Word, was sent.  He came "full of grace and truth".  God does not want to find you hopelessly seeking help.  He wants us to know that when "we seek, we find". 
     Hebrews 11:6 marvelously declares that God "rewards those who diligently seek", but the beginning of that verse says...."those that come to God MUST BELIEVE that He exists".  The action of the soul of the believer is to set his/her will to believe, then expect, and then get ready to receive the reward.  This is God's way.  He wants you to know He has filled that pie tin FULL of good news, hope, courage, strength, peace, and every "good thing" that you need that sustains your life of faith.
     Take a moment today and look out your window.  Your worth more than the little sparrows.  God is lovingly watching over you today.  He loves those little creatures, but He loves you more.  You are His.  You are born of His Spirit.  His Word has re-created you in His image.  He has El Shaddai....the MORE THAN ENOUGH GOD!!!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment