Tuesday, September 4, 2018

God’s Word On The Subject

Morning Glory...

What are you dealing with today?
A person?  A decision?  A serious spiritual or natural situation?
Whatever you may be facing in THIS day... God has THE Word on that subject.

In the Message Bible, Jeremiah 29:11,  God is addressing the current state of Israel’s affairs, which were very dire.  They were in exile and Elohim (the God and Creator, Judge of the universe) is speaking to His nation Whom He brought out of slavery in Egypt.  They had disobeyed Him and brought upon themselves this exile.  Yet, He had not abandoned them, but once again was showing mercy and loving kindness.  God IS good!

He speaks to them through Jeremiah the prophet and says, “As soon as Babylon’s seventy years are up and not a day before, I’ll show up and take care of you as I promised and bring you back home.  I know what I’m doing.  I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.”

As I read these timeless words today, I was so touched by ...”I know what I’m doing.”

Have we found ourselves in those...”I don’t know what I’m doing “...places in life and we cry out to God to show us the way?  I have many times.  And in turning to God’s Word and reading how He revealed Himself to Israel through all the journeys they went through; I also have found great comfort and peace.

Why?  It is simply knowing that God reveals His Character in His Name.  Elohim is combined with other words to provide additional description about God.   The plural form of “El” means Strong One.  God proved Himself strong for Israel time and time again.  He sent them His Word on every subject of life, both spiritually and naturally.

When Israel listened and obeyed, they prospered.  When they took those detours of self reliance and disobedience, well...they soon found out the consequences.  Now, I'm not saying that what you are going through is a direct result of some disobedience.    My focus today is upon the Word and the Name of God.  Whatever has brought you to the place you are in...God is ELOHIM...the Strong One...and He knows where you are and what He is doing.  

The enemy could be testing your faith in God's Word...he always does.  God, your Father, is also looking at your heart to see if you will trust His Word.  Will you trust today that God "knows what He is doing" and that He has plans that will take care of you and give you the future you are hoping for?

Trusting will bring peace.  Stay on the path of faith.  God is our strong and unfailing defense in all subjects of life.  He has the plan.  You and your loved ones are included.  Don't forget that today.  He will show Himself strong on the behalf of those who are His.   Just STAY on those unfailing promises and He will bring you through.

Loving Him and you,
Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment