Friday, February 3, 2017

A Focused Heart

Morning Glory...

Matthew 22:37..."Jesus replied:  Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind."

Many years ago, I was in our church in Phoenix in a time of worship, and as I was praying to the Lord I told Him I loved Him with all my heart.  I then heard, "No, you don't!'  My eyes popped open and I audibly said, "What?"  I then heard again, "No, you don't".

I started weeping.  The effect of those words were so powerful upon my soul that I could not even move at that point.  Oh, when Jesus speaks...you listen.  I felt crushed by those words.  And then I heard Him say..."You do not love me now with all your heart, but you will."  I somehow knew what He meant.

Even as I type these holy words, I know that my heart is so far from the true perfection of love that Jesus wants me to experience with Him. Why?  Because, our lives are composed of so many factions, and to reach for that place in Christ where He alone stands as the absolute object of all our affections, requires a "focused heart".

Now, how can I have a more focused heart that will be able to obey Matthew 22:37?  The key that I have found is so many instances to reach that goal is...my soul.  The three compartments of the soul are...mind, will and emotions.  The will or the ability to choose is where one must start.

I hear what Jesus says and then I choose to follow His commands.  Oh, I may not "feel" or even "understand" everything at this point, but as I choose to obey His powerful Word, my feelings and my understanding will come alongside.

It is not an overnight process, and it does require FOCUS.   I am re-learning this process even now in my own life.  The enemy seeks to bring such distraction into your life that you lose that focus.  He comes to steal your heart's affection from your Lord, and to replace it being occupied with his unholy presence.

Now, let me send forth God's  Word to you today to give you that sign post to get you back on track to a more "focused heart".  I will take the scriptures and rephrase them into a confession that will strengthen your will as you "hear".  That is how faith comes. 

Take time today to read, believe, confess and redirect your heart to more and more obedience which will produce the kind of love that Jesus wants you to experience with Him.

Jeremiah 29:13..."Lord, I will seek You with my whole heart, and I will find You."

Proverbs 3:5-6..."Lord, I will trust in You with ALL my heart.  I will stop leaning to my understanding, and will submit to You.  Thank You for making my paths straight."

Psalms 37:4..."Lord, I take delight in You.  Thank You for giving me new desires that  please You and that are according to Your will."

Proverbs 3:1-3..."Lord, I will not forget Your teachings.  I will keep Your commands in my heart.  Your commands will prolong my life and bring me peace and prosperity."

Now, these are but a few, but I pray that you can see how empowering these confessions can be to your soul (mind, will and emotions).  Don't let anything talk you out of practicing on the re-focus of your heart today.  Don't let satan rob you of the blessing of a heart that has Jesus has its main object of love and devotion.

Loving Him and you,
Charlotte





No comments:

Post a Comment