Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Seven Redemptive Names of God, F.F. Bosworth....#5

The 5th redemptive Name of God is....Jehovah-Nissi, "The Lord our Banner" or Victor, by spoiling principalities and powers on the cross.

(my thoughts).....What's your battle?  We all have them.  I know mine all too well, and there are some battles I have been fighting for a long time.  Now, the more I become acquainted with the Truth, I add the powerful weapons of heaven to my arsenal.  The enemy does his diabolical best to accuse our God to us, and to herald our certain defeat.  After all the scriptures declares him "as a lion, seeking whom he can devour".
     The problem is that we see ourselves as "devourable" (is that a word?).  We have a mental image based on the problem, rather than a spiritual image based on God's Word.  I have a plaque in my church office that says...."Don't tell God how big your storm is, tell your storm how big your God is". 
     Once while going through a most difficult situation I remember the Holy Spirit told me that I needed to take myself off the devils' menu.  I said..."Huh?"  The Holy Spirit went on to tell me what to say.  So, I began to say daily..."satan (he's not proper so I don't capitalize his name), I am OFF your menu.  You are not going to eat me for breakfast, nor brunch, nor lunch, nor an afternoon snack or for dinner.  I am NOT your appetizer, either, so leave me in Jesus Name."
     Yes, it sounds silly, but listen.....if faith comes by hearing the Word of God, then fear comes by hearing negative confessions.  This little exercise along with confessing OUT LOUD God's Word continues to release in my life what has already been released in heaven through Christ Jesus...VICTORY.
     Colossians 2:10 declares our Lord....the Head of all principality and power!!!
     Colossians 2:16 says...having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of
                                        them, TRIUMPHING OVER THEM IN THE CROSS!!!
     Romans 8:37 shouts....Yet, in ALL these things (tribulation, distress, persecution, famine, peril,
                                       sword, etc....we ARE more than conquerors through Him who loved us.
     Are you getting it?  Listen.....if I went to war with a BB gun, I would be in real danger.  That is what fighting our battles in the flesh is all about.  It does no good.  But...our Jehovah-Nissi WON the war for us, and we are to approach the battles that come against in HIS NAME!! We are to lift up what He HAS ALREADY DONE.....and stand against satan's illegal advances like David did when he faced Goliath.   I love that story!!  Don't you?
     David planted his feet.....looked UP... and  stood in the Name of his God.  His weapons were heavenly in origin, powerful in working, and no foe could withstand him.  Well...what about us???  We HAVE Jehovah-Nissi living on the inside of us!!!  We HAVE Jehovah-Nissi living on the INSIDE OF US!!!!  And....He has taken back the keys of hell and death and given us His victory.
     Stop relying on "feelings" or an outward look of a circumstance to confirm what you have, who you are, and what has been done for you.  The old hymn..."Standing on the Promises of God" is the experience all believers have to exercise in their lives.  Its not putting a hymnal on the ground and standing on it.  It is putting the Word of God IN YOUR HEART, and as you daily attend to this exercise and discipline...the Word begins to stand up IN you, and you start walking with a spiritual backbone that causes satan to flee and demons to scream.
     You can do it!!!  Victory IS yours.  Look at the problem but only through the Promise.  Find that Word for your life.  Lift it OUT LOUD over the problem.  Declare Who is with you, and that with Him, You ARE the conqueror.  Worship God as your Victory over every assault of the wicked one.  The devil has been defeated.  If you don't believe me....get ahold of Kenneth Copelands' teachings, Andrew Wommack, Marilyn Hickey, Andrew Murray, John G. Lake, Smith Wigglesworth, Jessie Penn Lewis, do you need more????
    Hey....just read Romans 8 until you can preach it!!  That'll fix that fear!

Be Blessed!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment