Monday, December 12, 2011

The Seven Redemptive Names of God, by F.F. Bosworth...#7 - Jehovah-Tsidkeenuh

Jehovah-Tsidkeenuh is translasted...." The Lord our Righteousness".  He becomes our righteousness by bearing our sins on the Cross.  Therefore, our redemptive privilege of receiving "the gift of righteousness" is an atonement blessing.

(my thoughts).....My husband, Herb, taught yesterday from Ephesians 5.  He strongly warned people that as "children born of the Light, we should walk before others in that manner of life".  We sometimes think that if we quit smoking, chewing, drinking, gambling, cursing, lying, cheating, hating, lusting, and add to it church going, doing good deeds, trying to be nice, not watching R rated movies, or playing incessantly on the computer, that THIS will give us points with God.

It won't!

     Sin separated us from God with Adam's choice to intelligently rebell against the commandments of his God.  Adams' sin brought death into the world.  In Romans 5:18 says..."Therefore, as through ONE man's offense judgement came to ALL men, resulting in condemnation, even so through ONE MAN'S righteous act the FREE GIFT came to ALL men, resulting in justification of life.". (emphasis mine)

     One Man did what was required by God, and through His actions a free gift was given to all mankind.  Jesus paid it all for all.  It is THROUGH Him that we become right with God.  Oh, yes, as I learn more and more about this wonderful Saviour, and as I allow His Word to enter into my heart; I will WANT to stop doing everything that Jesus would not do.  I will become more and more free in my mind, will and emotions, because I am taking a living substance called the Gospel, and allowing it to change me from the inside out, from glory to glory.

     Jesus came to give us His rest.  I went to a denominational church as a child.  I remember the sense of guilt I constantly felt because I sinned.  I loved church, but I was never taught much about grace.  I never was introduced to the "grown up" Jesus.  I became acquainted with Him in my late 20's, after many mistakes, many failures, many deeds that I lived to regret.

     But...I LEARNED!  I learned that Jesus came for me.  I learned that my sin was not bigger than the God Who died for me.  I learned that I Corinthians 13 was the very life of Christ and that He came to give me Life and that abundantly.  I learned how to trust what He did for me on earth as a Man, on the cross as my Lamb Who took away my sin, in the grave as the One Who bore my separation from God, and in hell the One Who took the punishment for my sin.  I also learned that He arose from the dead FOR ME, and He gave me an eternal place in Him that no one can take from me.

     He sits on the Throne of Grace and Mercy for us, ladies and gentlemen.  He seated us IN Him on that Throne and is the Mediator of the New Covenant through the offering of His own Body for sin.  He did not come to condemn.....no,no,no!  He came to seek and save that which was LOST.

     Do you feel lost?  Do you feel right with God?  Do you know that God sent His Word to heal you and I?  O, blessed, John 3:16....."for God SO loved the world (me and you), that He GAVE His only begotten Son, that WHOSOEVER (me and you), believes IN Him, will NOT perish but will have everlasting Life!!" (emphasis mine).

     Romans 8:1...."There is therefore NOW no condemnation to those who are IN Christ Jesus, who do not WALK ACCORDING TO THE FLESH , but according to the Spirit (the Truth)". (emphasis mine).
The word "walk" means lifestyle.  God came to give us His Life so that we could live His Life.  His Life is love, joy, and peace in the Holy Spirit.  Do you have that?  His Life was laid down so that we could be brought up! 

     Stop a moment and ask yourself this question.  First.....do I KNOW the grace of God to me through Christ Jesus?  Second....do I have peace in my heart about the way I am living before God?  None of us walk in perfection, but that does not mean we cannot learn how to walk in a growing undertanding of the way God wants us to live.  There is nothing that keeps you from God.

     Jesus is the Way, the Truth, the Life.  He is the Door.  He is the Waymaker.  He is God, manifested in the flesh, crucified on a cross, risen from the dead, and alive forevermore for you and I.

     Righteousness starts from the inside....out!  No outward work can re-create you in the image of God.  Only by being born again, accepting the Lamb of God as your sacrifice for your sin, receiving the payment for your sin through believing in the Lamb slain before the foundation of the world.  When you decide that you are tired of trying to find ways of getting rid of guilt.....come to Jesus.  He is Alive!

     Receive Him!  Read the Word!!  Strip off those rags of self-righteousness and put on the glory that He paid to give you.....acceptable to God through His shed blood!  If you have been angry at God, if you have been hurt by God's people, if you have just flat misunderstood the love of God.....hey!!!, you have this day to reach out again and let His love heal and restore you.

     Morning by morning, new mercies we see!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment