Monday, February 24, 2014

Hold Tight!! The Cross is Your Victory


Morning Glory...

Luke 9:23

New International Version (NIV)
23 Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me.

Each morning we all awake with our minds filled with events from the circumstances in our lives.  There is so much going on in the world, and in all of our lives, that at times it seems as there are very few moments to truly be quiet from all the information and decisions.

Last night I went to bed with a mind filled with the troubles I have recently heard regarding others, plus the decisions that my husband and I are attempting to make for our own future.  Needless to say, my attempt at a restful evening was a battle.  When I awoke this morning, it was to some troubling thoughts, and I arose feeling unrested.

Mondays are our "weekend", as we are busy from Friday to Sunday at our church, and its involvements.  Much time has passed since writing in my blog, and while sitting here this morning, thinking about all of the events of the past few days, I suddenly saw a vision of the cross, and heard the scripture that I posted above.

I saw myself embracing the cross, and I heard the Lord say, "when you look at the cross, all of the problems will find their answer".  I realized that what He was trying to help me understand is that all He accomplished on that cross is what I should fight to keep my focus on.  Jesus brought victory to us through His death.  What He endured on that cross, gives us the victory today. 

I felt a surge of hope as I saw that vision.  It does not make the problems disappear, but rather, it overshadows the problems. I have to fill my eyes with more of the truth of the cross than I do the immediate problem.  I have to pick up what that cross stands for in other words. 

1.  Jesus' body was crucified on that cross.  His body bore my sicknesses, diseases, shame, sorrow, failures and heartache.
2.  Jesus defeated satan on that cross.  His sinless life given as a sacrifice broke the curse of sin and death.
3.  Jesus suffered in His soul (mind, will and emotions) for us, as He bore the eternal separation from the Father in His human spirit, so that we could be restored to the Father.
4.  Jesus' precious blood poured out on that cross.  It cleansed us from all unrighteousness, and made us the righteousness of God.
5.  Jesus bore the penalty for sin on that cross.  Sin shall no longer have dominion over us.
6.  Jesus showed us the true example of obedience on that cross.  He obeyed even unto death, and the Father raised Him up!

What does the cross mean to you?  We must embrace what it means in order to have victory.  We must count what Jesus did higher than anything we are going through or will  face.  We must "see" Him high and lifted up, and keep our hearts focused upon His amazing grace that provided this astounding union and fellowship with Him.

Embrace the cross today in your heart.  Hold tight to all it stands for.  Our Help, our Hope, our Victory , our Joy, our Answer, our Ability to stand, our Strength, our Prosperity of soul, our Acceptance to God, our Friend, our Shield, our Glory and the Lifter of our heads hung on that cross, became our sin, defeated our enemy, and gave us a place in the heavenlies with Him.

Pick it up today!  Hold on for dear life!  Worship the One Who delivered you out of darkness into His marvelous light, and whatever you do...don't let go!!!  He won't let go of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment