Tuesday, December 20, 2011

"He Sought for You Before You Were Born"

Someone once wrote..."Wise Men Still Seek Him"!  It infers that if a person truly is wise, they will seek after God.  As I looked at this picture, I was graciously reminded that He sought for me before I was born.  We never "find" Jesus.  God sent His Son to find us.  We were lost.  We were dead in our sins, unable to save ourselves from the eternal damnation of our certain fate.

     We celebrate His birth with the giving of gifts to one another, and that is fine.  Our God is the greatest Gift Giver of all eternity.  He gave His own Son to lost people that did not know how to even find Him, until God hung a gigantic star in the heavens, right over the place of Jesus' birth.  But, before that God sent His Word through the mouths of prophets, telling this world that they were not forgotten nor rejected by Him.

     God rejects no one.  God has not taken you off His list.  Oh, you may think that He does not care.  In the middle of the night, when you are all alone, and you allow yourself to wonder what eternity holds for you....."is there a God?"   Yes....He sees you.  Yes...He hears you.   Yes...He is still waiting for you.  God has called and called and called for you.  He sent out an Eternal Invitation, that is still outstanding today.

     He knows your name.  He saw you in  your mother's womb before you were born.  He has heard every cry, seen every tear,  heard every curse, and has continued in His tender love for you, even though you have not yet opened your heart to Him. 

     Let Him find you this Christmas.  He loves you as you are.  He hung out His star so that the world could not mistake His desire and love for them.  Let Him come into your heart.  It is so simple.  Just say..."God, I have heard all the stories, have listened to all the songs, and deep down inside I know that there is something to all that these people believe.  I want to believe.  I want to know You are real.  I accept the true Gift of Life....Your Son, Jesus, and I believe He died for me, and that He is no longer a baby in a manger, but that He is the Risen Saviour, the Lord of Heaven and Earth.  Come into my heart, Lord Jesus, I welcome and receive You today. I give You the gift of my heart."  

 Merry CHRISTmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment