Friday, December 16, 2011

"Celebrate the Lord"....Psalms 103:1-5

"Celebrate the Lord, O my soul; and all that is within me, Celebrate His Holy Name!!!

I love the word "joy"! 
I love what real joy produces in the soul.
I love Psalms 103 because the Life that is in these inspired words produce joy!

One of the meanings of the word "bless" is to celebrate!  I will give you more later, but stop for just a moment and let your God-given imagination bring forth memories of those times that you had cause to celebrate.  If we go back into that memory, even the feelings of that moment will arise again, and it is though we were back in that special place.

I looked up the word "celebrate" in Roget's Thesaurus (really like this book), and the many descriptive meanings just burst forth:

"Rejoice, triumph, revel, exult, joy, delight, clap hands, dance, skip for joy, sing, gladden, burst out laughing, cheer, hurrah, hail, give three cheers, and so many more!"

God never commands we do anything without a very good reason!  His Reason was the Gift of His Son, and all the blessings that came wrapped in swaddling clothes in a manger.  What joy a gift gives to the one receiving it!  I have in my home gifts that people have given me, and every time I look at that special picture or hand crocheted item or any decoration...I "see" the person who gave it to me.  What is more is that I rejoice in that they had me in their heart, and took that extra special step to choose that gift just for me.

God wants to assure us and encourage us in His Word.  His Word in Psalms 103 lists the blessings that causes joy to flood our souls.  Joy is a spiritual power.  It lifts up, strengthens, and draws us closer to Him.

Why should we celebrate?  Well, let's take the decorations of God's Word and hang them around our minds, shall we?

1.  In verse 3....He forgives...He heals . CELEBRATE...CLAP YOUR HANDS...SING...DELIGHT!
2.  In verse 4....He redeems....                CELEBRATE...GIVE THREE CHEERS...SKIP FOR JOY!!
3.  In verse 5....He satisfies....                CELEBRATE...BURST OUT LAUGHING!!! 
                         He renews your youth...CELEBRATE...HURRAH!!!

When these eternal truths are believed and received....a new sense of joy, and an increasing awareness of His Presence will blanket your soul.  He HAS through Jesus given all these blessings.

III John 3 says..."Beloved, I wish above all things that you would prosper and be in health, even as your souls prospers."  Prosperity of the soul is the most important gift of God.  When your mind, will and emotions are disciplined to rejoice rather than rebel....JOY COMES!!!  When your mind, will and emotions are lovingly submitted to the King of all kings....JOY COMES!!!

When you learn to believe rather than doubt....JOY COMES!!
When you choose to lift your hands in celebration, rather than wring them in despair...JOY COMES!!!

First....do Psalms 103.  Do what it says!  Celebrate, bless the Lord, exalt His Name, delight in Him. Do it whether you feel like it or not.  You will be surprised that when you start "doing" the Word, instead of trying to figure it out "first"....JOY COMES!!!

Joy opens the door to let God come in and be your  Helper.  Joy is not based on "what" you have.  It is totally based on "WHO" you have.  If you are born again, wel praise God, you already have the solution living on the inside of you.  His Name is Jesus.  Get your mind onto Him and what He HAS done for you.  It will change you.  Believe me!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment