Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Seven Redemptive Names of God by F.F. Bosworth

from "Christ the Healer" by F.F. Bosworth.

     The seven redemptive names of God reveal what our redemption includes.  God has many other names, but only seven redemptive names.  These seven names are never used in the Scriptures except in His dealings with man.  Not six name, not eight, but seven, the perfect number. because He is a perfect Savior.  His redemption covers the whole scope of human need.  The blessing revealed by each of these names are all in the Atonement. 

(1)   JEHOVAH-SHAMMAH -  the Lord is Present, made nigh by the blood of Christ.

(my thoughts)....this precious Name holds a deep meaning for me.  Not to condemn anyone's failures or faults, but I was raised in an atmosphere of emotional instability.  This produced fear and intimidation throughout my entire life until the Holy Spirit helped me to understand that God was and is always present.  As I have learned to trust that Name which is fulfilled in Christ Jesus, I find comfort, strength and peace knowing that God is with me.  One of my favorite scriptures is in Joshua, chapter one, where the Lord promises him that..."I will go with you wherever you go".  Many times I will just bow my heart to that precious Word and worship the One Who never leaves, never forsakes, always stands by, always helps, and has accepted me as His own.
     The shed blood of Jesus is the life giving agent that opened the door between God and man for all eternity.  As I trust that holy sacrifice and its finished work for me, faith settles in my soul and I know that God is my Jehovah-Shammah.
     Maybe you have been forsaken.  Maybe your heart has been broken due to the failure of those you thought were trustworthy.  We have all experienced this, and satan would accuse God to us as also One Who is untrustworthy.  Cast that demonic thought far from you today. 
     He is with us.  He took our sins upon His own body to a place of death called Golgotha.  He became the Abandoned One for us.  He became the Despised One for us.  He bore our rejection and all the sorrow it brings, and gave us a place in Him through His shed blood.
     Isaiah 54 says....Surely, He has born our sorrows and carried our pain.  Yes...He has.  Jesus is the manifested Presence of the Living God and He is ever present, both now and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment